No two people experience substance use disorder (SUD) in the same way. The cycle of addiction can be a slow spiral downward for some or a hurricane that destroys everything they hold dear. Insight Recovery Center offers substance abuse treatment in Asheville, NC for you or a loved one seeking to break the cycle of addiction.
Benzodiazepines are a class of medications commonly used to treat anxiety and insomnia. They work by enhancing the effect of a neurotransmitter called GABA – gamma-aminobutyric acid. GABA is a naturally occurring chemical in the brain that inhibits brain activity, constricting blood vessels and reducing feelings of pain.
Benzodiazepines, often called benzos, are prescribed to millions of people annually, so it should come as no surprise that they can be highly addictive. A person who becomes dependent on benzos may need professional help to attain sobriety and recovery. At Insight Recovery Center, we specialize in helping people deal with benzodiazepine addiction – contact us today at 828.826.1376 for more information.
What Does Benzo Abuse Look Like?
Since benzos are a legitimate medication and legally prescribed, it can be difficult to tell when use has turned into abuse and, ultimately, addiction. Some warning signs to look out for include the following:
- Taking more benzos than prescribed
- Possible mood swings or irritability
- Drowsiness, confusion, or memory loss
- Dependence on benzos to feel normal or cope with stress
- Using alcohol in conjunction with benzos
If you or a loved one is struggling with an addiction to benzos, we encourage you to seek out a professional benzo addiction treatment facility today.
What Types of Therapies Are Used in Benzo Addiction Treatment?
Insight Recovery Center offers a variety of evidence-based therapies to help you or your loved one recover from benzo addiction. Some of the most common forms of treatment we offer include the following:
- Individual therapy: one-on-one counseling and support to help process thoughts and emotions without judgment
- Group therapy: meetings and activities designed to provide a social support network for those in recovery
- Family therapy: counseling and support for family members to understand addiction, cope with a loved one’s recovery, and heal past wounds
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT): a therapeutic approach that teaches you how to manage emotions and negative behaviors better
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT): a therapy focused on changing negative thought patterns and behaviors that can lead to addiction
- Motivational interviewing (MI): a technique that helps you explore your reasons for wanting to change or quit using benzos
If you or a loved one is struggling with an addiction to benzodiazepines, Insight Recovery Center offers a professional benzo addiction treatment program in Asheville, NC.
What to Expect at a Benzo Addiction Treatment Program in Asheville, NC
At Insight Recovery Center, we offer an intimate, personalized environment where you can heal and recover. Our experienced, compassionate staff will develop an individualized treatment plan that addresses each client’s unique needs. We offer several levels of outpatient care, including a partial hospitalization program (PHP) with 24/7 supervision and a range of evidence-based therapies and holistic approaches.
Additionally, we accept most major insurance providers, including Aetna, United Healthcare, Cigna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and others. Please call 828.826.1376 to verify your insurance and speak to a knowledgeable representative who can answer any questions.
Reach Out to Insight Recovery Center for Benzo Rehab
If you or a loved one are struggling with benzodiazepine abuse or addiction, Insight Recovery Center can help. Our professional benzo rehab in Asheville, NC offers the compassion and support you need to achieve sobriety and recovery. Call us today at 828.826.1376 for more information, or visit our website. We look forward to helping you take the first step towards a healthier, happier life.