Meth addiction is difficult for anyone to overcome, and it can feel almost impossible to do alone. This feeling is common and warranted. Recovery is always more likely when professionals work with you to develop a workable treatment plant. If you’re struggling with a dependence on meth, help is available to you. Substance abuse disorder is a disease, not a failure. At Insight Recovery Center in North Carolina, we have the resources and tools to help you heal and find true sobriety.
Insight Recovery Center is a clinician owned and operated facility that offers a boutique approach to meth rehab. Our customized substance abuse treatment programs are designed to fit your needs. Learn more about our meth addiction treatment program and how you might fit in by calling us today at 828.826.1376.
Why Is Meth Addictive?
Crystal meth, or crystal methamphetamine, is a highly addictive illegal substance. Meth operates by affecting your central nervous system with pseudoephedrine and releasing dopamine. This dopamine rush is what encourages dependency and addiction. You become dependent on the chemicals that meth provides, and then your natural dopamine production suffers.
Long-term meth use can take a toll on your body, and the sooner you focus on sobriety, the sooner you can begin to mitigate that. Abuse of meth can lead to many side effects, including:
- Risk of death by overdose — Meth can raise your body heat to extreme temperatures, which can lead to unconsciousness, coma, or death.
- Mood and behavioral changes — After a period of meth abuse, you may find yourself unable to sleep, more irritable, or paranoid about things that gave you no anxiety before.
- A decline in oral health — Meth can cause dry mouth and serious damage to your teeth, including staining and rotting.
It is not advised that an individual try to detox from and quit meth cold turkey; the safest way to begin to deal with meth addiction is in a detox and treatment center.
Meth Abuse Treatment at Insight Recovery Center
Making a decision to better your life and health opens a world of opportunity for you. The resolve to seek treatment and regain control is a significant step toward sobriety, and professional treatment can help you with the rest of that journey. When searching for a meth addiction treatment program in the Asheville, NC, area, keep Insight Recovery Center in mind.
We offer an abstinence-focused meth addiction treatment program to help you get back on your path. In either our intensive outpatient or partial hospitalization programs, you will be afforded access to a wide variety of therapies, including but not limited to:
- CBT, or cognitive behavioral therapy, is a common form of therapy designed around reframing your thinking and your self-talk.
- DBT, or dialectical behavioral therapy, is another common style that focuses on mindfulness.
- ACT, or acceptance and commitment therapy, is more action-oriented and can work well for people battling addiction that haven’t found what they’re looking for with traditional talk therapy.
- Acupuncture therapy and other holistic style therapies are a good fit for some people and can be very beneficial alongside other treatment.
- Group therapy, family therapy, and counseling can help you begin to build bridges and fix deteriorating relationships with your loved ones.
At Insight Recovery Center, we want to see you thrive, and we understand that every person is different and will need to take different steps to get there. Our treatment plans are customized to the letter by one of our clinicians to fit your specific situation. People from all walks of life can find themselves in a life ruled by addiction, and each one of them has the power to find sobriety again with help.
Break Meth Addiction at Insight Recovery Center
For more information on how we can help you break your addiction to meth, contact us today at 828.826.1376 or visit us online. Our professional and dedicated staff is here to help you every step of the way to recovery.