Heroin, a highly addictive substance derived from morphine, is a significant public health concern. It is classified as a Schedule I drug in the United States, signifying that it has no legitimate medical use and carries a high potential for abuse. Despite its illicit nature, many Americans struggle with heroin use. Often, people who began using prescription opioid painkillers and grew dependent upon them find their way to heroin when they can no longer obtain prescription pills. Quitting heroin without professional help is dangerous, and the likelihood of relapse or severe medical complications is heightened.
Insight Recovery Center in North Carolina understands the complexities of addiction and offers heroin rehab in Asheville. Our professional and compassionate addiction specialists can help you or a loved one break the cycle of heroin abuse and find a path to healing and recovery. Call 828.826.1376 today to learn more about our programs and services.
Recognizing the Signs and Symptoms of Heroin Abuse
Identifying heroin abuse early can be crucial for preventing further harm and quitting heroin. Common signs and symptoms include the following:
- Short-term euphoria or a sense of well-being
- Drowsiness and heavy limbs
- Slowed breathing and heart rate
- Nausea and vomiting
- Severe itching
- Clouded mental function
If these signs and symptoms are present in you or a loved one, seek professional addiction treatment immediately.
The Consequences of Not Quitting Heroin
Heroin addiction can have severe physical, mental, and social consequences. Continued heroin abuse can have catastrophic consequences for a person’s life and well-being and could ultimately result in death.
Physical effects of heroin abuse may include:
- Collapsed veins
- Liver disease
- Lung complications
- Fatal overdose
Mentally, heroin addiction can lead to
- Additional mental health conditions
Socially, it can cause damage to relationships and promote financial instability, unemployment, and legal troubles. Moreover, the ripple effect of heroin addiction extends beyond the individual. Loved ones may experience emotional distress, financial strain, and even trauma.
The Role of Professional Treatment in Overcoming Heroin Addiction
Given the severity of heroin addiction, professional treatment is almost always necessary for successful recovery. At Insight Recovery Center in Asheville, NC, we provide comprehensive addiction treatment services tailored to each individual’s needs.
Our treatment options include:
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP) – Provides intensive around-the-clock care and support for individuals with more severe addictions and/or co-occurring disorders.
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP) – Offers structured, part-time treatment for those who do not require 24/7 care.
- Outpatient treatment – Provides ongoing support and therapy while allowing individuals to maintain their daily routines.
- Men’s rehab program – Offers a safe and supportive environment for men to focus on their recovery.
- Women’s rehab program – Provides gender-specific treatment for women, addressing unique challenges and needs in addiction recovery.
- Aftercare program – Provides ongoing support after completion of an initial treatment program.
Some of our common evidence-based therapies and holistic approaches include the following:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – Helps individuals identify and change negative thought patterns and behaviors that contribute to substance abuse.
- Group therapy – Provides a supportive environment for individuals to share their experiences, struggles, and successes in recovery.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) – Helps individuals regulate emotions, manage distress, and improve relationships.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) – Teaches individuals to accept their thoughts and emotions while committing to making positive changes in their lives.
- Equine therapy – Introduces individuals to the healing power of horses and helps them learn essential life skills.
- Yoga therapy – Combines physical postures, breathing exercises, and meditation to promote mindfulness, relaxation, and self-awareness.
We offer professional, compassionate treatment combined with evidence-based therapies designed to heal your mind, body, and soul while supporting you every step of the way.
Contact Insight Recovery Center Today
If you or a loved one is struggling with heroin addiction, know that help is available. At Insight Recovery Center, we believe in the power of professional treatment and the resilience of the human spirit. Contact us today online or call 828.826.1376 to start your journey towards recovery.